Postpartum Recovery Must Haves
Let's face it, whether you are a fist time mommy or a seasoned vet... labor, delivery and recovery isn't always something that comes easy for all moms. Of course, getting to meet the little one who has been swimming around in your belly for nine months is one of the best things we will ever get to experience. Once that moment happens, you may get a few days in the hospital where nurses are at your beckon call by the simple press of a button.... but then... it's just you, maybe your significant other, and baby. We have out together a little list of our Must-Have "Faves" for Postpartum Recovery. We hope you find them as helpful as we did.
These are also GREAT GIFTS for first time mommies! Most people go straight for the cute onsie and toys, but trust us, moms will thank you later!
- COMFORTABLE UNDERWEAR!!! If you are having a natural birth especially. However, it's smart to invest in some comfortable undies during pregnancy as well. With our growing bellies and bit of comfort is key (especially for those long nights of trying to find a comfortable position amidst the 31 pillows in your bed. I loaded up on undies from Target. I loved the ones with no seams, I found it super uncomfortable when undies were too tight around my thighs and growing belly.
- A COMFORTABLE NURSING BRA! - We love a company called Coobie This sports bra is super soft and stretchy and comes in fun prints. It's easy to get the clip on and off (even one handed) for nursing. I literally lived in mine and had to order more online during recovery. Invest in 3 or 4!
- NURSING PADS! Who knew your boobs leak! Haaaa I remember the first time this happened at home and I wasn't wearing pads. My husband was like Oh My God, what's happening hahahahaha. Yea, just another thing to add to the list. I was gifted both disposable and reusable pads and I went through them all. I loved Lansinoh disposable pads. They were soft and great for sleeping or on the go. If you are into saving the environment and want a great product. Try Bamboobies Reusable Nursing Pads. They are heart shaped (SO CUTE) and made of bamboo so they are incredibly soft. After use just throw them in the wash and you can use them time and time again. Whether disposable or reusable a definite must have.
- FRIDA BABY FRIDET - Ok if you have a natural birth you 1000% need this! Frida Baby makes the most amazing products for you and baby. I swear that I was able to heal SO much faster because of this product. After delivery the nurses will give you a little squeeze bottle and make sure you are able to pee. They will tell you to use the squeeze bottle filled with water to wash and make sure everything stays clean. The only problem is that this squeeze bottle
- BAMBOOBIES BOOB EASE - Dry, cracked, chapped, and oh so painful nipples... CHECK! Ughhh the beautiful pain of breast feeding. This product makes it a little more comfortable. Bamboobies has some incredible products and this is one of them. Boob Ease is a nipple balm that you apply immediately after breastfeeding. A definite ,must have for new mommies.
- LANSINOH 3-IN-1 BREAST THERAPY - I personally had an extremely hard time with breast feeding. I am not exaggerating one bit when I say the pain of it was worst than labor. I had clogged ducts almost everyday and almost got mastitis three times. I was in tears every night and I'm so thankful for products like this. Lansinoh's 3-in-1 Breast Therapy is a cold and hot compress. The cold will help soothe your breasts immediately after nursing and the heat pack will help with clogged ducts to prevent mastitis. It also comes with a breast pump aid to reduce time during pumping. I did not get to try this portion of the product. However, the hot and cold compress are life savers in itself. Must Have!
- OVERNIGHT MAXI PADS - Like we are talking, the biggest, longest, most uncomfortable ones you can find. If you have a natural birth, you will be bleeding ALOT after delivery and for about a week or two until your healing gets under control. Save yourself the mess and invest in these (or just take a bunch from the hospital!)
The best part is that time will elapse and you will be healed and on your way in no time! In the meantime, we hope that some of our favorite products will be able to help you as much as they helped us!